The Vocal Fries Podcast
Date: March 25, 2019
Title: Ha-has and Moonbeams and Yaks, Oh My!
In this episode of the Vocal Fries, Megan and Carrie talk with Jane Solomon about her upcoming book The Dictionary of Difficult Words.
If you are a new listener to the Vocal Fries Podcast (or even if you’ve been listening to us since the beginning), we would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Singular they
- Simple definitions
Follow our Podcast
Follow our Hosts
Explore these Resources
You can follow Jane Solomon on Twitter
Jane works for Dictionary.com
Jane’s book is available at many bookstores, including Amazon
Become a Patron!
We’re an indie podcast with limited resources, so we could really use your support. You can set up a monthly recurring donation at patreon.com. The $5 a month level gives you access to our monthly bonus episode, as well as a new Vocal Fries sticker every three months and a shout out on the podcast! But you can contribute as little as $1 a month and have our undying gratitude!
Check Out Some Other Lingpods
- En Clair – a podcast about forensic linguistics (super interesting and fun!)
- Talk the Talk – a podcast about all things linguistics (and we even have a bonus episode where we interview them)
- Lingthusiasm – the podcast that is enthusiastic about linguistics (we interview them on a regular episode)
- Accentricity – a podcast about accents and other linguistic features
- The Troublesome Terps – a podcast about interpreters and interpreting (we interview each other on a regular episode)
Feel free to suggest more to add to this list!
Need a Presenter?
- Carrie can talk about indigenous languages of North America (particularly Salish, Inuit and Algonquian), semantics, syntax or the mathy side of language
- Megan can talk about child language acquisition, bilingual language acquisition and Spanish/Spanglish
- Both of the Vocal Fries can talk about all things linguistic discrimination, particularly vocal fry